CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anna Kate pics

Anna Kate pics

Friday, October 23, 2009

How Old Are We???

I have to share a story with you that really happened today.  I promise, I wish I could make this stuff up, but unfortunately I can't.  My office is right down the street from the Square (for those who don't know, the Square is the life of Oxford) on a pretty busy corner.  On Friday's before a home game, it does get a little crazy.  And you can usually hear people honking, and even a few "Hoddy Toddy" cheers.  But today, well, it was just ridiculous.  And all I can think of is, I'm glad I'm not a Razorback fan.

So, I was leaving work and drove right across the street to get gas.  I noticed as leaving the parking lot there were 2 men outside.  I didn't pay them much attention, figured they were waiting to cross the street.  Well, they weren't.  They stood on the street corner yelling things.  A man was walking to the hotel across from my office and happened to be wearing an Ole Miss hat.  And the men start yelling at him.  Things like "Go Hogs!  We've got your number!  You're going down"  Just stupid stuff like that.  And soon after, 2 more men joined them.  And all I could think of was "How old are we???"  These were GROWN men, plenty old enough to know better. 

Amazing what you get when you mix Rednecks (because they just had to be, no matter where they came from) and football, and probably a little alcohol!! 

1 comments:

Shirley

I love your blog!! You are such a gifted writer! I really enjoyed reading all of it.

We are also already in love with our precious little grandaughter. She is such a blessing. And, she is so blessed to have 2 such loving, precious parents. I know you will both be such a blessing to her all her life.

Love,
NaNa